Now Playing
103.3 The Eagle
Last Song Played
Tulsa's ONLY Classic Rock
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
103.3 The Eagle
Last Song Played
Tulsa's ONLY Classic Rock

entertainment

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >

Spurlock's 'Super Size Me' sequel pulled from Sundance fest

Morgan Spurlock's latest documentary will not premiere at the Sundance Film Festival as planned.

The remaining partners in his production company said Friday that they removed "Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!" from the Sundance slate in light of Spurlock's confessions of sexual misconduct this week.

Warrior Poets partners Jeremy Chilnick and Matthew Galkin said in a statement that "this is not the appropriate time" for the film to premiere.

YouTube Red, which was to distribute the film, also had a change of heart. YouTube said Friday it would not release the film, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Producers of another documentary set to premiere at Sundance next month also said Friday they were distancing themselves from Spurlock.

"In light of Morgan's recent revelations, we agreed to end his association with 'The Devil We Know,'" producer Kristin Lazure said in a statement. She said she hoped to keep the focus on the film, which explores the effects of toxic chemical pollution.

Spurlock said Wednesday in a lengthy online post that he was accused of rape while in college and settled a sexual harassment case with a female assistant at his office eight years ago. He said he would immediately step down from the production company he co-founded.

Representatives for Spurlock did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday.

Disney-Fox deal may create a new nerdy nirvana

The coming union of Disney and Fox is set to create a new nirvana for fanboys and -girls. It will reunite superheroes and science-fiction characters long separated by an energy barrier of corporate legalism.

For years, Marvel characters from the X-Men and the Fantastic Four have battled bad dudes from the studios of 20th Century Fox.

Meanwhile, Marvel's Avengers such as Iron Man and Black Widow vanquished villains in Disney's corner of the galaxy.

And the rights to various "Star Wars" films have been scattered far, far away from each other.

Those will all be unified under the Magic Kingdom. Disney announced Thursday it's buying most of Fox for $52 billion.

The combined company will account for more than a third of theatrical revenues in the U.S. and Canada.

Billie Lourd shares photo of mom Carrie Fisher, honoring ‘Star Wars, her last movie

Billie Lourd is remembering her late mother, Carrie Fisher, in a touching Instagram post.

>> Read more trending news 

The touching photo Lourd shared Friday shows the pair clinging to each other on the red carpet of a recent movie premiere.

The mother and daughter starred in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” back in 2015, and now Fisher’s last movie, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” premiered in theaters on Friday. Lourd said she will forever cherish those memories.

“I’m a big believer of things happening for a reason and I think I ended up on that movie for a reason,” Lourd said in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres after losing her mother. “It was really incredible for us to get to have that experience together.”

Lourd lost both her mother and grandmother, Debbie Reynolds, within one day of each other last year.

Fisher died after going into cardiac arrest aboard a flight from London to Los Angeles. She died four days later.

>> Related: Mark Hamill admits he and Carrie Fisher once ‘made out like teenagers’

Lourd has posted several tributes to her mother over the past year.

On Fisher’s birthday, she posted a photo of the two of them wearing matching night gowns when Lourde was a child.

In May, also shared another photo of her and her mother riding what appeared to be a train.

>> Related: Carrie Fisher once sent producer a cow tongue after friend was allegedly assaulted

Attorney of Matt Lauer accuser say his client lives in ‘constant fear’

The attorney for one of Matt Lauer’s accusers is speaking out in an interview with NBC News, saying his client is “terrified” and asks those seeking to reveal her identity to stop.

>> Read more trending news 

Matt Lauer was fired last month from NBC News after a staffer came forward with sexual misconduct allegations. After his departure, more women came forward with allegations against the 20-year host of “Today.”

Related: Matt Lauer responds to sexual misconduct allegations 

New information continues to come to light about the allegations against Lauer. His accuser’s attorney, Ari Wilkenfeld, said not enough is being done to protect his client’s anonymity.

“My client is terrified, and she does live in constant fear that people are going to track her down and figure out who she is,” he said.

Related: Former ‘Today’ show staffer details her alleged affair with Matt Lauer

Wilkenfeld also said that NBC has failed to properly protect her identity.

“There’s a hunt underway to figure out who she is, and I think that’s going to have a chilling effect on other women who might want to come forward and tell their stories,” he said.

“The network has protected the employee’s anonymity all along and will continue to do so,” an NBC spokesperson said in a statement.

Wilkenfeld’s interview can be watched below.

Prosecutors decline to charge rapper Nelly with rape

The rapper Nelly will not face rape charges because the accuser is not cooperating, prosecutors in Washington state said.

The woman said Nelly raped her on his tour bus in October in a Seattle suburb. Auburn police arrested Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Iral Haynes Jr., in his bus at a Walmart and he was booked into jail on suspicion of second-degree rape, then released.

Shortly afterward, the woman said she wanted to stop the investigation.

King County prosecutors said in a statement Thursday that they have reviewed the investigation, but without the woman's help, they can't "proceed or fully assess the merits of the case."

Nelly's attorney, Scott Rosenblum, said in a statement to The Associated Press that the performer had been the victim of a "deceitful allegation devoid of credibility."

Rosenblum said Nelly supports advocacy groups that deal with sexual assault and violence against women and is dedicated to raising awareness about such issues.

"However, this type of reckless false allegation cannot be tolerated, as it is an affront to the real survivors of sexual assault," he said.

Former ‘Today’ show staffer details her alleged affair with Matt Lauer

A former intern at the “Today” show has come forward about her alleged monthlong affair with disgraced NBC host Matt Lauer back in the early 2000s.

>> Read more trending news 

According to Addie Zinone, whose story was published in Variety on Thursday, her consensual relationship with Lauer began when he was in his 40s and already married to his current wife. Two years after her time at “Today” started, Lauer messaged her on the network’s internal messaging system.

“Hey, I hope you won’t drag me to personnel for saying this, but you look fantastic,” he said in messages obtained by the publication. “I don’t know what you have done, or what is going on in your life … but it’s agreeing with you.”

While Zinone only had a few more weeks left before starting a new job elsewhere, she thanked Lauer and asked him if he had any advice for her. They eventually met up for lunch, but she said he flirted with her during the meeting.

“He was there to hit on me and manipulate the situation, and I fell for it,” Zinone said. “Here’s how I should have known what I was getting myself into. When we left, he told me: ‘You leave first, and I’ll leave after.’ In no lunch I’d ever had at Today’ had anyone suggested we leave separately, as if something was up.”

Related: Matt Lauer fired over allegations of inappropriate workplace behavior

Back at the office, Lauer asked her to meet him in his dressing room, she said.

“He opens the door. There you go. It crossed the line,” she said. “It was a consensual encounter. It happened in his dressing room above Studio 1A, which was empty in the afternoons. He got in his car and I had to go back to work, and now my life had completely changed.”

Related: 5 things to know about Matt Lauer

The pair continued to meet up several times over the next few weeks, including in his office. Zinone said, “I sat across from him, and he pushes a button from his desk and the door shuts. It was embarrassing, because his secretary was sitting outside. He wanted to do stuff. I was like, ‘No. I’m so in over my head. I’m not a performance artist.’”

After leaving NBC, she went on to join the Army and returned for an interview on “Today” years later, but Lauer wasn’t there at the time. While her alleged relationship with Lauer was consensual, Zinone indicated that she still feels like a victim who was taken advantage of by a powerful man.

Related: Matt Lauer responds to sexual misconduct allegations 

“He went after the most vulnerable and the least powerful — and those were the production assistants and the interns,” she said. “I’m putting my name and face out there to squash any doubts about the allegations from other women against Matt Lauer. I’m validating their stories because some of our experiences are similar. I want these women to know that I believe them, I want to help empower them and collectively we have a voice to change things. I have a 7-year-old daughter. I want to do everything I can to assure this doesn’t happen to her.”

2017 'A to Z' Classic Rock Holiday Gift Guide

Here are 26 great holiday gift suggestions for fans of bands from AC/DC to ZZ Top and everyone in between.

Continue reading…

Dustin Hoffman faces more sexual misconduct allegations

More women are coming forward to accuse Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct, according to a story published by Variety on Thursday.

These accusations follow previous allegations from Anna Graham Hunter, who alleges Hoffman was sexually inappropriate with her when she worked as an intern on the set of one of the 1985 TV film “Death of a Salesman.”

>> Read more trending news 

The Variety story details allegations from three women against the 80 year old actor.

One allegation from playwright Cori Thomas says Hoffman exposed himself to her in a New York hotel room when she was 16.

Thomas was a classmate of Hoffman’s daughter and an aspiring actress. In an interview with Variety, Thomas said she spent the day in Manhattan with Hoffman and his daughter in 1980.

“This was, at first, one of the greatest days of my life,” she said. “One of my idols was spending time with me and talking with me respectfully.”

Related: Dustin Hoffman apologizes after being accused of sexually harassing a woman when she was 17

At the end of the day, when Hoffman’s daughter departed, Thomas waited in Hoffman’s hotel room for her mother to pick her up. She said he went to the bathroom, and she heard the shower running. When he came out, he was wearing just a towel and exposed himself to her.

She said he then put on a robe and asked Thomas to massage his feet.

“I didn’t know what to do in the circumstance,” she said. “I didn’t know that I could say no, so I did it. And he kept telling me, ‘I’m naked. Do you want to see?’”

She said a call from her mother, who was outside to pick her up, saved her from having to continue the interaction.

Variety’s story includes an account of another woman, Melissa Kester, who said Hoffman sexually assaulted her in a recording studio, putting his hand down her pants. Hoffman was recording music for the film “Ishtar.” She also gave her account of the 1985 incident to The Hollywood Reporter.

Related: Dustin Hoffman taken to task by John Oliver over sexual harassment allegation

A third woman, who remained anonymous, told Variety Hoffman assaulted her while she worked on “Ishtar” when she was 22 years old. She said he sexually assaulted her in the back of a station wagon.

“There are people inches from us,” she said. “And he just took his hand and stuck his fingers right up inside of me. I didn’t know what to do. He’s smiling at me. I was frozen. I was outside of my body.”

She said she felt unable to do anything to stop him.

“There were people there,” she said. “What are they going to think of me, that I’m a whore, if I say something? What would I say? He’s Dustin Hoffman.”

The woman says Hoffman later asked her to come to his apartment, where they had intercourse.

According to Variety, “Asked if she would describe the encounter in the station wagon as nonconsensual, she said ‘yes.’ Asked if she would describe the encounter at the San Remo as such, she said, ‘I don’t know.'”

Hoffman’s representatives did not make him available to comment on the story, according to the publication.

Kathryn Rossetter, who co-starred with Hoffman in “Death of a Salesman” on Broadway in 1983, came forward with an account in The Hollywood Reporter on Dec. 8. She said Hoffman routinely groped her, demanded foot rubs and once exposed her breasts in front of crew members.

A woman named Pauline, whose last name was withheld, told THR that Hoffman pleasured himself in front of her in the early 1970s when she was 15 years old.

A woman who went by the pseudonym Carolyn said she was forced by Hoffman to perform oral sex on him when she was 21, during the time the actor was working on “All the President’s Men.”

Hoffman’s attorney, Mark A. Neubauer, said in a letter to Variety’s owner, Penske Media Corp., that the accusations against the actor in the Variety story are “defamatory falsehoods.”

Vincent Nguini, guitarist for Paul Simon, dead at 65

Vincent Nguini, a guitarist from Cameroon who worked with Paul Simon since the late 1980s, died last week in Brazil. He was 65.

Simon's publicist, Elizabeth Freund, confirmed the news to The Associated Press on Friday. Freund said Nguini died on Dec. 8 with his wife, Florence Nombulelo Yawa, by his side.

No more details or cause of death were provided.

Nguini co-wrote "The Coast" from Simon's 1992 album, "The Rhythm of the Saints." He also played guitar throughout the album.

Nguini also worked in recording sessions with Peter Gabriel, Jimmy Buffett, Josh Groban, the Neville Brothers and Angelique Kidjo.

Nguini is also survived by his daughter Olivia Michelle; his sisters Nomo Cecile, Meyo Virginie; his brother Jean Marie; his ex-wife Stephanie Batchelor; and three grandchildren.

All-Star Elton John Grammy Salute Concert Set for January

Elton John's career in music will be celebrated by a slew of artists at a special concert called "I'm Still Standing: A Grammy Salute."

Continue reading…

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >